Fred Stluka on 18 Feb 2011 17:14:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West, Mon, Feb 21, 2011 - "Bash 101: Intro to Shell Scripting" presented by JP Vossen (7pm at FIS in Malvern)

Paul and JP,

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this one.  I'll be giving
my Cloud Computing talk to a class at Penn State.  Can I catch it
at North, East, or Central?
--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.

Paul L. Snyder wrote:
Sorry, the announcement went out with the wrong date in the
subject line.  The date in the message body (Monday, February 21)
is, of course, the correct one.

----- Forwarded message from "Paul L. Snyder" <plsnyder@drexel.edu> -----

The Philadelphia Area Linux Users Group (PLUG) cordially invites
you to a PLUG West meeting on Monday, February 21 at FIS in
Malvern, PA from 7-9 pm.  See below for directions to the meeting
location.

Have you ever wondered what a "shell script" is, why you might
care about them, and how you get started writing them?  This
month at PLUG North, come and find out from JP Vossen, who will
be giving his "Bash 101: Intro to Shell Scripting" talk.  JP is a
co-author of the O'Reilly _Bash Programming Cookbook_, so don't
miss it!

  http://bashcookbook.com

Interested in Linux, BSD, and Free Software?  Whether you're
already an enthusiast or want to learn more, come and join us!
PLUG meetings are free and open to everyone, and anyone who is
curious is invited to attend.

The meeting will be at the FIS office in Malvern, PA:

   FIS
   http://www.fidelityinfoservices.com/fnfis/
   2 West Liberty Blvd, Suite 300
   Malvern, Pennsylvania 19355

For driving directions, please visit

   http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/fnis.html

For more information about PLUG, please visit our website at

   http://www.phillylinux.org

Following the meeting, we'll continue the conversation at a
nearby restaurany, usually either Baxter's (across PA-29 from the
meeting location) or TJ's in Paoli.

----- End forwarded message -----