David Coulson on 25 Feb 2011 11:24:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Add an HDD to a diskless cluster node?

Either.

1) The system doesn't have the correct kernel module loaded for the disk controller 2) The disks are attached to a RAID controller and you did not define an array
3) You are using fdisk with the wrong device path

Send the output of lsmod, lspci and dmesg please.

David