Julien Vehent on 28 Feb 2011 08:19:34 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Playing with Mutt

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 06:40:52AM -0500, Art Alexion wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2011, at 6:07 PM, Julien Vehent <julien@linuxwall.info> wrote:
>
> > there are some stuffs I would like to do but
> > can't find a proper doc online.
> >
> > 1. my sidebar displays folder with new messages in red. However, some of
> > those are old unread. Is there a way to colorize the folder only when a
> > NEW unread message has arrived ?
> >
> > 2. when moving to a folder, the selection is set on the oldest unread
> > message. How do I set it to the newest unread (bottom of the list) ?
> >
> > 3. is there a way to set binds to folder, and jump from a folder to
> > another with just a key combination ?
>
> I assume that you are looking for a mail client that runs in a terminal, but I couldn't help but notice that all of your requirements are fulfilled by kmail.

I used kmail some years ago, but the more I use Linux, the less I like
heavy user interfaces. They usually take a lot of space to display
buttons I never use.

Also, I wanted to try out mutt for a while. It's powerful, flexible and
quite complex, but also pleasant to use.

Julien