Casey Bralla on 27 Feb 2011 08:01:34 -0800

[PLUG] Kernel Settings for USB-microphones

I got a Logitech C510 web cam the other day.   I had to compile the correct
kernel module to get the camera recognized, but now I'm trying to get the
microphone working.

Does anybody know what kernel module is needed to get a usb microphone
working?

I've tried to search through the kernel configuration settings, but don't find
anything for a usb mic at all.

I'm using Gentoo with a custom kernel, so I can't simpley reboot and let the
system auto-detect the driver.
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence