Doug Stewart on 3 Mar 2011 14:17:55 -0800

Re: [PLUG] super computing/parallel programming inquiry

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 5:12 PM,  <bergman@merctech.com> wrote:

> ROCKS is a nice cluster management framework. It has some implications about the type of computing, but doesn't restrict (or require) MPI, OpenMPI, GPU, or other techniques.

Right, I mentioned it because NVIDIA provides a nice CUDA roll to go
with your Rocks base setup -- we've got a couple of Tesla render
appliances attached to cluster render hosts. None of our geneticists
have been able to make use of CUDA yet, but we've got hopes. *grin* We
even have an SGE queue all ready to go, should they get any ideas.

--
-Doug