JP Vossen on 8 Mar 2011 19:16:00 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Exactly what is RedHat doing?

More from a CentOS developer (but not an official CentOS statement):
http://centosnow.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-new-kernel-srpm-distribution.html

In summary: mildly annoying but not a GPL issue, no harm, no foul, nothing to see here, move along... (Except for the CentOS "Plus" kernel which may be affected in the ways we already noted.)

In addition, he notes something I was wondering about. *When* did Red Hat do this? The blog author Johnny Hughes says 4 months ago, which corresponds to the release of RHEL6, which makes sense. Except why all the big to-do now? If it took everyone 4 months to notice it's probably not really that big a deal...

Later,
JP