Rachel Rawlings on 13 Mar 2011 13:18:49 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [OT] waiting for a socket/event vs. waiting for a socket/event

Actually, I was under the impression that "waiting for" was American and "waiting on" was British, since I've mostly encountered the latter in BBC program(me)s, Harry Potter books, and Rolling Stones songs.

Perhaps these Americans you speak of are horribly affected.