Matt Mossholder on 16 Mar 2011 08:39:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] script to verify users credentials using pam on Ubuntu

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Lee Marzke <lee@marzke.net> wrote:
Hi,

I've got a requirement for a web application to verify each users identity ( e.g. Âpass the username and
password to a script , Âand have the script return pass/fail )

I've got likewise open installed that has pam libraries that authenticate users fine, Âso authentication
is working for login to the Linux box via ssh, etc., Â but I need the script to just pass the auth paramaters
to pam and get pass/fail.

I'd do it using the Apache interface to PAM... here's a sample:

http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/apachepam.htmÂ

  Â--Matt