sean finney on 20 Apr 2011 01:41:46 -0700

Re: [PLUG] perl -e with system()

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:01:36AM -0400, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> In fact, Randall's script worked just fine for me and didn't print out
> any errors.  My guess is that some of the other records in that file
> might be missing tabs and that's confusing the redirection.

I'm assuming that the reason that system(echo...) is being used as
opposed to perl file i/o routines is that in reality it's doing soemthing
besides echo?

Otherwise it seems kinda silly to echo each value, and depending on
where your data comes from and what it might contain, you might also
end up having some pretty severe problems.  for example: consider what
might happen when you get `rm -rf /` on the right-hand side :)

	sean