Lee Marzke on 19 Apr 2011 19:58:12 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Any IDEs going head-to-head w/ Adobe Flash's IDE?

On 04/16/2011 10:39 AM, Floyd Johnson wrote:
Hello PLUGgers,

I'm under the impression that the Windows app is used to create the
artistic stuff ("assets"), as well as ActionScript, that goes into a
typical SWF file-swfmill being the FOSS equivalent of what packages
assets into said SWF. I've been having a relative blast with MTASC, the
FOSS which compiles ActionScript code and possibly brings said code to
an SWF file made by swfmill.

Googling suggests that bonding MTASC with Eclipse produces half the IDE
I think I'm seeking. That said, does an all-in-one art and script tool
exist?

Not exactly what you asked, but if you want to get rid of Flash and use HTML 5:

Maqetta open-source HTML 5 IDE donated by IBM:
http://maqetta.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=9

http://maqetta.org/

--
"Between subtle shading and the absence of light lies the nuance of iqlusion..."  - Kryptos

Lee Marzke,     lee@marzke.net

begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke
n:Marzke;Lee