Randall A Sindlinger on 25 Apr 2011 14:26:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PICC'11 NJ SysAdmin Conf - Early Bird Savings Extended!

So, this is a really late response.  Sorry!

Julien, I went to this conference last year, and if my great aunt
wasn't celebrating her 99th birthday on the same Saturday, I'd be
there this year, too.

Over all, I felt PICC was far more worthwhile than USENIX or LISA,
if you're familiar with those.  I think the key to PICC was its
(relatively) small size - I met someone in one session, and I was
likely to bump into them again at dinner, and once or twice more
at another session or break.  PICC really hit the "IT Community"
right on the money, in my opinion; it wasn't just some forgotten
part of the acronym.

For better or for worse, if I'd have been able to go, I'd have
proposed to do the talk on "A Highly Scalable Mail Architecture",
so that might (?) give you a rough idea of the caliber of the talks.
But if you didn't like my talk, don't hold that against PICC!  :-)

-Randall