Casey Bralla on 25 Apr 2011 17:47:59 -0700

[PLUG] Linux on Router Question

I just installed OpenWRT on my Linksys WRT54GS.  It all works just fine.
However, being a nerd who likes to "improve things until they don't work
anymore", I'd like to also try DD-WRT and Tomato.

My problem is that I can't find any documentation on how to switch from OpenWRT
to some other distro.   The OpenWRT upload routine checks to see if the new
file is a valid file, so rejects the orginal Linksys rom file.

Anybody played around with one of these things?  Anybody have any suggestions?
--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation