Eric H. Johnson on 6 Jun 2011 06:08:13 -0700

[PLUG] First attempt at creating a customized Live CD

Hi all,

I have been trying to follow the instructions here for creating a custom
Live CD:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch

In the Make the ChRoot Environment
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch#Make the
ChRoot Environment) it says:

<quote>
You may edit the sources.list in the chroot to add a line from a PPA, if you
need. You will need to add the PPA's key to your chroot's package manager.
On the PPA's overview page you'll see the PPA's OpenPGP key id. It'll look
something like this: 1024/12345678. Copy it, or make a note of, the portion
after the slash, e.g: 12345678. This key will be added once we enter the
chroot.

Important: Make a backup copy of /sbin/initctl this next step will delete
this file. There is a problem with 10.04 upstart package not containing
/sbin/initctl.distrib and even after you update upstart the directions for
leaving the chroot do not seem to restore this file.

sudo chroot chroot

mount none -t proc /proc
mount none -t sysfs /sys
mount none -t devpts /dev/pts
export HOME=/root
export LC_ALL=C
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 12345678
#Substitute "12345678" with the PPA's OpenPGP ID.
</quote>

My question is about the last line where it says " Substitute "12345678"
with the PPA's OpenPGP ID." It seems to say that with the assumption that
you actually know what a PPA OpenPGP ID is. I realize it has to do with
signatures for repositories, but I do not have the slightest idea where to
get it. I have added a couple repositories to sources.list, but they should
have been included when I did the copy of sources.list into chroot/etc/apt.

Can someone tell me what I need to fill in for the OpenPGP ID or where to
get it.

Thanks,
Eric