Matt Simmons on 10 Jun 2011 20:11:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT: Signing an NDA/Invention Assignment agreement

Randall,

Make sure to find out what's covered by the NDA. Some companies write
it such that only projects worked on by you at work are covered,
others say anything that you invent any time during your employment,
plus up to several years after is covered. I think that the latter
would be nigh-unenforceable.

If you see something that you don't like in the contract, ask them to
change it.

Hopefully people with more experience with this than myself will chime
in as well.

--Matt

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Randall Sindlinger <rsindlin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> I imagine a number of you have dealt with NDAs before. ÂI don't
> remember the last time I needed to think about this. ÂNow I suddenly
> have one to sign by Monday.
>
> What are the gotchas I should be aware of? ÂAnd what about the
> Invention Assignment part of this? ÂI have some (I think) patentable
> ideas, and I've even mused about writing a movie script. _I_ don't
> think it's "relevant to the subject matter of my employment" but
> should I be concerned? ÂAre there any horror stories?
>
> Should I be asking for recommendations for an attorney?
>
> Thanks all,
> -Randall

LITTLE GIRL: But which cookie will you eat FIRST?
COOKIE MONSTER: Me think you have misconception of cookie-eating process.