Eric H. Johnson on 13 Jun 2011 08:34:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Computer case

Julian,

Check out Mini-box, unless you are looking for a 19" rack mount which they
do not tend to carry:
http://www.mini-box.com/s.nl/sc.8/category.87/.f

Also check out Travla (carried by multiple resellers), which does offer 19"
rack mount enclosures although they tend to be a bit above your stated price
range:
http://www.travla.com/product.php

HTH,
Eric

 Good morning,

 I'm having troubles finding a proper computer case for a low-end server
 I'm building.
 I bought a zotac atom 330 motherboard (http://1nw.eu/!7x) and 2 500GB
 3,5" drives (I do RAID1). Microcenter did not have a case that would be
 mini-itx and have 2 internal slots for the hard drives. It's quite an
 unusual setup.

 So I looked around, Newegg has some :
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108396
 But they come with a power supply, and the motherboard already has one
 integrated. I could get the case and remove the power supply, but it
 would look ugly.

 Another possibility is to get a case with one internal and one external
 3.5" slot, and use a rack for the external slot. Antec has a nice one:
 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129068

 Do you guys know of a better solution ? I'd like a case that's
 mini-itx, doesn't have a power supply and has 2 internal 3.5 slots.
 Should also be around $50/60.

 Thanks,
 Julien