Mike Leone on 25 Jun 2011 09:24:29 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Media Frontend Hardware

On 6/25/2011 12:06 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> If I were willing to switch to XBMC then hacking an Apple TV might be
> an option, but jailbreaking one apparently requires a Mac,

It does not. I did it on Windows XP and Win 7. If you don't have a
Windows machine, perhaps you could borrow a friends laptop. Jailbreaking
is a pain, but only takes a few minutes (when it finally works). Then
you can install the Plex client (which requires Plex Server to be
running somewhere) or XBMC.

XBMC runs on Linux, and will run from a Linux Live CD. I bought a Dell
Zino HD as a Home Theater PC, and I will probably run XBMC (and maybe
Plex) on Win7. But both run under Linux, and I might boot from a XBMC
Live CD and use that.

That's different from your MythTV requirements. You might be able to
integrate that into a solution like this, I don't really know.