Rachel Rawlings on 25 Jun 2011 09:58:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Media Frontend Hardware

If you're willing to use RCA cables rather than S-Video then I can recommend the Patriot BoxOffice. It's not a true Myth front end, since it treats the myth server the same as if it were a samba share, but it's a good low-power-consumption STB with HDMI and composite out, a nice remote, and the capacity to add an internal 2.5" hard drive as well as USB disks.

With an internal hard drive you also get a half-decent web interface and the ability to have it download torrents directly to the BoxOffice rather than via another computer. It also works as a simple NAS device should you wish.