Rich Freeman on 14 Jul 2011 06:08:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] personal WiFi security: Stopping the barbarians at the gates

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Floyd Johnson <fljohnson3@isp.com> wrote:
> (2) One should restrict the set of machines to which access to the
> personal WLAN is granted, based on the MAC address in the network
> hardware of said machines.

I've always been annoyed by this provision which seems to get so much
traction?  If somebody is able to break your WPA2 protection, is
spoofing a MAC going to be anything more than a trivial obstacle?

I could see the paranoid running VPN over the link, but MAC filtering?

Rich