Rich Freeman on 14 Jul 2011 13:10:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] personal WiFi security: Stopping the barbarians at the gates

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Floyd Johnson <fljohnson3@isp.com> wrote:
> What, then, is/should be standard practice for repelling the
> piggybacking byte-burglars who want to break into our home LANs?

My understanding is that WPA2 has not been broken, so unless you give
out the key you should be fine.  Of course, brute-force is always a
risk if you use a low-complexity pass-phrase - you only get full
security with a random key, which is of course next-to-impossible to
enter.

If somebody does know of a way to hack WPA2 reliably I'll be turning
off my wireless, at least until I deploy a VPN or something.

Rich