Art Alexion on 30 Jul 2011 14:53:19 -0700

[PLUG] Upgrading SuSE 11.0

While studying in Germany,  my son bought a Compaq laptop with SuSE SLED 11.0 pre-installed.  I would like to upgrade it to >=11.1.

My inexperience with YaST as opposed to apt is compounded by my inability to read the German interface.
  • How do a system upgrade?
  • Do I need to do 11.0->11.1->11.2,etc in sequence, or can I go from 11.0 to 11.4?
I abandoned RPM in favor of apt years ago, before there was such a thing as YaST and YUM.  I'd like to keep the system SLED instead of giving up and installing Kubuntu to preserve hardware drivers, etc.

Thanks for any help.  (he is German fluent, but not computer savvy so doing stuff on this machine is a bit of cumbersome teamwork with me guessing the appropriate commands and him telling me if they exist.