Jonathan Simpson on 4 Aug 2011 16:24:07 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Thinkpad T42 hard drive replacement

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_non-ThinkPad_hard_disks
read this first. T4x are particular about their drives due to the active protection system they implement. This shuts down the drive when a change in velocity is detected to attempt to prevent physical damage. Doesn't always work, though, as you found out.