Paul L. Snyder on 8 Aug 2011 12:32:04 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tuesday, Aug 9, 2011 - "Exploring the Dark Side of the Internet" presented by Eric Johnson (PLUG North@CoreDial in Blue Bell)

  This month, PLUG North welcomes Eric Johnson, who will be
  giving a talk titled "Exploring the Dark Side of the Internet".

    "Cue the Darth Vader theme, this presentation will be delving
    into the tools of the dark side of the Internet. Called dark
    nets, these P2P tools allow one to anonymously or mostly
    anonymously browse the internet, setup hidden web sites,
    exchange emails, share files, chat, blog, participate in
    forums, and even engage in commerce. It will also touch on
    encrypting and securing sensitive information, and if time
    permits, briefly look at means of bypassing the centralized DNS
    system and even the Internet itself."

  The meeting will take place on Tuesday, August 9, from 7-9pm (7-8
  General Q&A, 8-9 Presentation) at CoreDial:

  CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)

    1787 Sentry Parkway West
    Suite 100 (Building 16)
    Blue Bell, PA 19422

  Directions and other information are on our website:

    http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

  We request that you RSVP at rsvp@phillylinux.org if you intend on coming
  so we have some idea of how many to expect, but it is not required.