Julien Vehent on 9 Aug 2011 11:46:56 -0700

[PLUG] File system search

Hi Plug,

I have this "documents" folder with a lot of PDFs gathered over the years, and it's obviously impossible to find anything in it.

I've been using google desktop on my laptop to index that folder through nfs, but that doesn't work for my wife and her mini windows 7 low power netbook.

I'm looking for a server side search engine that doesn't require to code 2000 lines of java before using it (yes, lucene, I'm looking at you). Possibly with a web interface, or a windows/linux client.

Does anyone have solved that problem already ?

Julien