Andres Garcia on 16 Aug 2011 16:31:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Remote KDE Session

You could try using Xming and putty to run a session as explained here: http://fedorasolved.org/Members/sgallagh/set-up-a-remote-kde-session-from-windows This should do pretty much just what you want. I imagine this might require a speedy network, but I am not sure, I have never tried it.

Depending what you want to do with the session you could run a VM that boots from your server over PXE as would a thin client. It would give you the ability to use usb devices and other hardware on your local system with the VM that runs from the server, and I think would run better over a slower network once it was booted but may not be as convenient if you want to directly interact with the server.

Good luck.

Andres Garcia