Ron Lusk on 23 Sep 2011 11:17:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Surveillance cameras

You can look at Zoneminder (on the full-featured end), or "motion" (http://motion.sf.net/) which is effective and low-end.  I played with motion a bit: set it up with a camera (or two), and it detects change in the video and identifies where the "motion" is.  (You can adjust the threshold.)     (The website has changed, but there are links to the SourceForge site _and_ the new site at the URL I gave above; I can't access it from work, apparently our vendor has marked it as "Games".)

ron