sean finney on 28 Sep 2011 01:14:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] HTML Validator

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 06:00:22PM -0400, Casey Bralla wrote:
> Huh?  When I changed to DOCTYPE 4.01 Transitional, the problem went away.
>
> Anybody have experience with the validator?  I wanted to be "strict" in my
> HTML, but I'm thinking I'm just asking for trouble.  Any comments/suggestions
> from this group?

what andrew said is correct, i believe, you need to put the stuff in a block
level element like a <div>...</div>.

You might also want to take a look at the program tidy (and the various
library/binding/proxy spinoffs based on it).  it's a nice way to help
automate the syntax checking process.

	sean