Lee H. Marzke on 28 Sep 2011 15:12:08 -0700

Re: [PLUG] VMware Workstation 8

JP,

Wow,

I had just upgraded Workstation 7 to 8 on my Ubuntu laptop,  and I totally
missed the new Vsphere integration part.    This is fantastic,  no more need
to start up a Windows VM for basic Vsphere operations.

The details are explained a bit further here:
http://www.vladan.fr/vmware-workstation-8-new-features-detailed/

You can directly mount vmdk disks,  export VMs in OVF format.

For developers,  there are lots of features for shared VM's and
creating/managing VM's on ESX directly from Workstation.

Thanks for the info.

Lee