Lee H. Marzke on 2 Oct 2011 10:09:09 -0700

[PLUG] October ZFS talk

Paul,

OK,   I'll have a talk put together for Oct 5 at Central and repeat at West.

Introduction to ZFS and Open Storage

Sun started the Open Storage market with the release of ZFS on Solaris.
The new owner of Sun's IP (Oracle) defines Open Storage as:

As a general term, open storage refers to storage systems built with an open architecture using industry-standard hardware and open-source software.

Regards,

Lee