Julien Vehent on 21 Oct 2011 10:57:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Books on *nix

On 21.10.2011 09:29, Paul Walker wrote:

Anyone recommend a good intermediate-level book on *nix operating systems and server administration. I recognize there's a vast amount of documentation available online. I'm really trying to understand linux directory structures, basic processes, etc -- with an eye towards doing administration tasks, server setup and configuration etc.

Thanks!
Try this one, it's a reference   UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook (4th Edition)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0131480057/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0130206016&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1AN8W0ZQXWAEAXKV16X8