jeff on 21 Oct 2011 10:59:24 -0700

[PLUG] compositing

While configuring XFCE, I came across this option. AFAIK (and researched) it's only relevant to bling like Compiz. When I turn it off, one of the panels goes from clear to solid and that's about it.

Does it serve any real purpose for users who go for bland over bling?

Btw, the ATI driver that 11.10 (Onomatopoetic Ocelot) recommended should be shot, along with its creators. If there was a way to make it more difficult to run and set up two monitors, I don't know how they'd do it, but they'd manage.

--
NEW home of ThermionicEmissions
http://leftystrat.blogspot.com