Ryan T. Sawyer on 21 Oct 2011 15:03:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] compositing

> Does it serve any real purpose for users who go for bland over bling?

I really doubt it. That's basically all compositing is.

The only thing I enable compositing for (via xcompmgr) is to have
semi-transparency in my terminal sessions. I can do without ugly,
blurry menus and shadows. And who wants to make minimizing windows
take longer just so you can see them go swisssssh on the way down?
Hmm, to each his own.

Does XFCE have its own compositing engine, or does it just work on top
of something like xcompmgr?