Julien Vehent on 22 Oct 2011 17:59:19 -0700

Re: [PLUG] ideas for class material

On 22.10.2011 19:24, Andrew Craig wrote:

Hi All,

I am currently in a Computer Technology program and have an upcoming
Linux III class. The professor is open to ideas for curriculum. As of
now
it is project based, but apparently the projects are mainly writing
papers. For Linux II, which I just finished, we had to right a paper as well. Writing papers is fine, well not really, but I am not taking Linux III to write papers. Because of this I want to take the opportunity to
offer up some ideas.

I want to do stuff, not write about it, excluding any documentation of
course. I was thinking of the following ideas

- fix broken stuff
- break working stuff
- ssh stuff
- scripts
- hacking
- build an arch or BSD system
- build up workstations and / or server

thanks guys,

Andrew

Maybe it's just me but.... what is your question exactly ?

P.S.: writing papers is a great way to learn linux. Try to write a paper on the processus schedulers, in linux 3.0 or even in 2.4 if you want something more simple, and I guarantee you'll learn more than if you spend 3 weeks installing sendmail.

--
Julien Vehent - http://1nw.eu/!j