Paul W. Roach III on 27 Oct 2011 08:54:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Multiple Mounts on 1 Partition?

Why not just use symlinks?

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Jack Hill <ejh56@drexel.edu> wrote:
Hi,

If I were doing it I would probably use a scheme similar what Sean
suggests. LVM is great for flexibility.

I have done something similar to what you what you asked (I wanted
/opt and /home in the same filesystem). I chose ext4, and mounted it
at /mnt/disk . I then mount -o bind mounted /mnt/disk/home to /home
and /mnt/disk/opt to /opt .

Another option would be to wait until btrfs is stable and use
subvolumes. When mounting a btrfs filesystem, you can specify which
subvolume you want mounted. Btrfs also support per-subvolume quotas,
which will help avoid the runaway I/O problem. Unfortunatly, btrfs
isn't ready for production.

Jack