Natalie Nagele on 4 Nov 2011 08:12:10 -0700

[PLUG] Systems Administrator Position in Philadelphia

Hi everyone! I'm here from Wildbit, a local company that runs two web
apps, Beanstalk and Postmark. Beanstalk is hosted versions control
(SVN, Git and Mercurial) and Postmark is transactional email for web
apps. We're looking for a sys admin to join our team in Philadelphia
(our office is in Old City).

We are looking for someone with a long history using Unix/Linux. The
role will cover low level tasks (maintenance) as well as high level
architecture and capacity planning. This includes working with our
team to benchmark performance and detect changes in trends.

Some things to know:

The role will be to support both products, Beanstalk and Postmark
We mostly run on Ubuntu / Debian and Solaris (for ZFS)
Software includes Nginx/Passenger (Ruby/Rails), Apache, Mysql (MMM),
Mongo, Redis, Monit, Subversion, Git, Mercurial, Postfix, PowerMTA.
Hosted in two data centers at Rackspace with some test servers in AWS.
Use appliance load balancers and firewalls.

For more information on our team and our products, check out:
http://wildbit.com. Our team of 11 is distributed all over the world,
but this position would need to be in Philadelphia. You'd work with
Chris Nagele (founder and systems architect), Me (business
development), Dana Chaby (customer support) and Alex Hillman
(marketing and communications). If you think this is a good fit, we'd
love to chat. Email Chris directly at nagele@wildbit.com.

Thanks for your time! Looking forward to meeting.

Natalie