Michel van der List on 4 Nov 2011 07:01:50 -0700

Re: [PLUG] synergy gotcha

Floss weekly had a show on it. I use and like it (sharing across my main Linux box and a windows laptop), but keep in mind that there are some security implications with it, from the FAQ:

Q. How secure is the application?
Well, not very, but we're working on it (see issueÂ#13). In the meantime, you could look at usingStunnelÂ(cross-platform). One of our targets is to make Synergy run over an encrypted connection. You're safe to use Synergy if you're on a network you trust, such as a LAN which is protected from the internet using a firewall.

Michel