Asheesh Laroia on 6 Nov 2011 10:30:37 -0800

Re: [PLUG] diagnosing slow Fedora boots w/bootchart

Excerpts from Adam Zion's message of Sat Nov 05 23:58:47 -0400 2011:
> OK, I got Fedora almost working on my notebook. Once it boots, it
> flies nicely. Unfortunately, it's the "once it boots" part which is
> the problem. Booting take a *long* time. I've installed bootchart, and
> got a big chart with the various processes, but I'm not sure how to
> read it and diagnose what's slowing down the boot.
>
> Does anyone have experience reading bootchart PNGs to diagnose slow boots?

I would suggest putting your bootchart PNG on the web and sending a link
to this list.

Also, http://lwn.net/Articles/299483/ might be helpful.

Good luck! And keep us posted.

-- Asheeesh.