Adam Zion on 6 Nov 2011 16:07:45 -0800

[PLUG] diagnosing slow Fedora boots w/bootchart, cont'd

OK, interesting finding: there was a CD in the computer's drive when I
was booting it, an XP install disk (I was considering installing a XP
VM, until I realized that this was silly considering that I had a dual
boot Win7 configuration). When I removed this CD, the boot flew by.

Here's the odd thing, though: the slowdown on the boot process isn't
in the POST period, or at any point where you'd expect the computer to
be looking at the drive- it appears to be loading drivers when it
hangs.

Thoughts?

-Z