Paul Walker on 19 Nov 2011 09:33:23 -0800

[PLUG] Incremental backup via cron

I'm running an Ubuntu box via Linode where I host 7 or 8 websites. I'm currently doing global SQL dumps twice daily via cron and would like to do incremental backups of the whole /srv directory at the same interval. I've experimented using git but I have a feeling there are better tools out there. I'd like to backup twice a day and then copy everything down to a local machine once a day. Do folks mind sharing their backup strategies? I'd rather use command line tools that I can invoke via cron.

Thanks in advance!

Paul Walker
toomodernmedia.com