Casey Bralla on 19 Nov 2011 13:51:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Incremental backup via cron

I use a simple rsync script that dumps to a USB disk.

rsync can be set to only backup changed files. I also set it for renaming existing (older) files so I can go back in time if necessary).

Every month or so, I rotate the USB disk and store the USB disk in a safe(r) place.

If you are interested, Paul, I'll send you the script I use.

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence

The NerdWorld Organisation