Rich Freeman on 6 Dec 2011 09:08:17 -0800

[PLUG] C to PS compiler?

Anybody know if anything ever became of this?:
http://compilers.iecc.com/comparch/article/93-01-152

For some odd reason I was thinking that if we can create a javascript
VM and boot linux in it, why not use spare CPU cycles on your laser
printer to run a mail server or whatever?

I'm not sure if postscript supports network communications though -
you might be limited to offloading calculations, generating output in
2D barcode format, and then scanning it back into your computer.

Now if only we can get a similar compiler for sendmail - I wonder if
you could compile postfix to run on sendmail in this way...

Rich