JP Vossen on 13 Dec 2011 12:11:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] SonicWall compatible firewall and VPN

Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:04:00 -0500
From: Art Alexion<art.alexion@gmail.com>

<snip>
These devices are only sort of designed for this.  That is, they can
be clustered to deliver more bandwidth, but doen't seem to support a
hardware firewall/vpn because there is no wired connection.

Possible work-around: We are thinking that we might be able to connect a
computer downstream that provides the firewall/vpn capabilities, and have
the office workstations connect to the internet through that computer.

Look at M0n0wall which is designed for embedded firewalls and supports wireless cards (http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-wireless.html). It's FreeBSD, but managed via web GUI and the entire OS + Firewall config is a single XML file. See also PFSense, a fork of M0n0wall with slightly different goals.

Either should be able to do what you want.

Good luck,
JP