Matt Mossholder on 15 Dec 2011 07:19:32 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Troubleshooting mem-suck

 Â --Matt

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Paul Walker <starsinmypockets@gmail.com> wrote:
I ended up going with these setting as recommended by linode:
<snip>
The stats from `top` are about the same as before but the performance seems to have gotten better. Possibly I was experiencing some network latency? Not sure. I'm also currently not serving a ton of http requests - I wonder if these settings will need to be tuned when things pick up? I've got some more research to do, but for now things are operating smoothly.

The stats you were showing before from top didn't indicate any memory issues to me... While memory was being used, it was all going towards caching disk, rather than applications. All of yourÂprocessesÂwere in an idle state, so it wasn't an I/O issue either. It was probably the MySQL and Apache tuning that did the trick, OR the host that has your VPS on it was being beaten on by other customers.

  Â--Matt