JP Vossen on 17 Dec 2011 00:56:04 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux distributions without version upgrades

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:24:42 -0500
From: "K.S. Bhaskar"<bhaskar@bhaskars.com>

To break the twice a year song-and-dance of Ubuntu upgrades while
retaining the ability to stay current with applications, I am
considering switching to a Linux distro that doesn't need version
upgrades.  [...]

As I noted in the other thread, I'm close to this point myself. I avoid the 6mo "song-and-dance" by using LTS releases, but that very negatively impacts "the ability to stay current with applications." :-(

That fact that Bhaskar & I are both Ubuntu fans and we're both at this point is...interesting. And perhaps non-optimal for Ubuntu...

Later,
JP