Rich Freeman on 10 Jan 2012 08:01:23 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Still no speaker for tonight's North meeting

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
> Shaking the trees has not resulted in a speaker falling out, so we
> are without a speaker for tonight's North meeting.  Unless somebody
> wants to leap in, I think we'll just declare tonight to be a general
> discussion meeting.  Thoughts?

Happy to do general discussion.  I'd be interested in whether anybody
follows other distro development trends.  In gentoo there is quite the
raging debate of the Fedora-backed push to move all boot-required
binaries into /usr and also some other trends around init systems like
systemd/etc.  I've heard rumors of some distros forking udev/etc as a
result.  Might make for interesting discussion if anybody else follows
this stuff.

Rich