Fred Stluka on 30 Jan 2012 22:15:49 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Link Checker

Keep in mind that many sites now send the user to a custom 404
page, and may not return a 404 status when they do.  I wrote a
Java applet 10 or more years ago to check the links on my links
page, but gave it up when I hit that snag.  Didn't want to write
code to analyze the returned page and decide it if was a 404 page
or a real page.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.