bergman on 14 Feb 2012 08:49:05 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Various printers - free to a good home

In the message dated: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:40:50 EST,
The pithy ruminations from Darren Nickerson on
<[PLUG] Various printers - free to a good home> were:
=>
=>
=> Folks,
=>
=> It's time for a little early spring cleaning. This is a re-post of an =
=> internal email, apologies if it's overly simplistic for the PLUG crowd.=20=
=>
=>
=> I have a variety of printers I'd like to dispose of, and wanted to give =
=> you all first dibs on these items before they just get chucked into the =
=> garbage, or given to an electronics recycling company. Here's a list of =
=> what's available:

It's great of you to offer this stuff for reuse. In case you don't get any
takers, please contact a reputable recycling company and don't chuck them
into the garbage. I highly recommend Elemental for Philly-area recycling.

	[SNIP!]

=>
=> - Tektronix Phaser 740 Color Laserjet printer. This is a network-able =
=> printer. It's HUGE, you'd need two strong people to carry it. It was =
=> state of the art when we purchased it, it was the first printer our =
=> company owned, but it's big and slow and we have little to no need for =

Yep. We recently retired on Phaser 740. Nice piece of equipment.

=> color printouts these days. I believe the technology it uses is dye =
=> sublimation ...

No. It's a laser printer -- with colored toner. Completely different
than the antique Kodak 8670 dye sub printer sitting next to my desk.

Thanks,

Mark