Tim Allen on 21 Feb 2012 07:49:26 -0800

[PLUG] Open Positions in Wharton Computing

Good morning PLUG, and apologies for the slightly spammy message.

The Wharton School has several positions open in Wharton Computing which may be of interest to members of this list. Wharton is a great place to work: exceptional benefits, competitive salary, great people, and an academic environment on a beautiful college campus. If you have a true passion for technology, a positive attitude, and feel like any of the positions below would be a good fit, please apply!

* Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is the global standard for academic and institutional business research. We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented, self-motivated IT professional to be part of the web development team.
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=195080

* WRDS is also seeking two energetic Systems Programmers to join our team; help build, enhance, and maintain a distributed Linux computing cloud with a 300 TB NetApp SAN:
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=194725

* Wharton Computing's award winning Learning Lab (http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/learning) is looking for a web developer to join the team. The position will be responsible for the development, monitoring (both in-class and out), and maintenance of business simulation software.
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=194961

* Wharton's Core Systems Unix / Linux team is looking for a Systems Programmer to help be responsible for the entire lifecycle of enterprise
hardware, OS, services, and applications, provide supervised primary and second-tier UNIX and network support in a complex, distributed, heterogeneous environment:
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=194700

* We're looking for a very organized, efficient, and personable server admin to help manage our existing physical and virtual server and desktop infrastructure.  Experience with VMWare View or other VDI apps is highly
desirable.
http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=195011

Wharton hosts many local technology events, which you may have attended in the past; being part of an environment that is dedicated to technology and learning is a special place to work for the right people. We hope you'll consider joining us; feel free to join us at the Wharton School on Thursday for the upcoming PANMA event on SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, and why the battle isn't over yet, if you'd like to meet some of us face to face. Details here: http://panma.eventbrite.com/

Regards,

-Tim