Michael Leone on 23 Feb 2012 07:14:26 -0800

Re: [PLUG] NTP rant

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Art Alexion <art.alexion@gmail.com> wrote:
> It was someone on our team.

Well, that's better, but only somewhat. Lot of places, that's enough
to make you an ex-member of the team ... beyond that, tho, I'd still
work on fixing that AD first, then just use it as your master time
source. You've got that resource that can accomplish what you want, in
place already, it just needs to be fixed.

BTW ... I don't think I've needed to do that "net time" or even that
w32tm to set time on a Windows clients since .. *maybe* .. the days of
Win NT 4.0. With a working AD, the clients get their time from the DC.
(or non-domain Windows clients, if you have any, you can configure
them to still look to your DCs as a time source).

Good luck, whichever way you go ...