Rich Freeman on 16 Mar 2012 13:14:56 -0700

Re: [PLUG] followup talk on ZFS storage roll-out

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Russ Thompson <vigornj@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested in hearing a bit about Btrfs especially if anyone has
> it deployed thus far per Oracle it's now production ready.  Also are you
> using Solaris or BSD implementation of ZFS?

I've been thinking about creating a btrfs talk - I've been reading up
on it and experimenting with it.  Certainly it is something any linux
enthusiast should be following.

It is NOT production-ready.  Well, maybe the latest git master has
improved quite a bit, but I'm not sure I'd run it on my main home
filesystem let alone something in the enterprise.

However, it certainly aims to move in that direction.  It has improved
quite a bit in the last year stability-wise.  Why, only one test in
xfs-tests was able to panic the system the last time I tried.  :)

Rich