jeff on 19 Mar 2012 12:16:53 -0700

[PLUG] linux in the strangest places

Just bought a Fender Mustang I guitar amplifier. It has the distinction of emulating many popular amps. It also has a mini USB jack so you can mess with the settings via computer. You can use the supplied FUSE software (Win/Mac) or search for *PLUG* for linux.

PLUG for linux isn't quite what a Mac user would like (graphically) but it does the job. Open source is the stuff! [Ubuntu users must make udev rule in README]

A very cool $99 toy for the living room.
Since it has no tubes, I can't be seen playing it outside the house.
Further review on blog.

--
NEW home of ThermionicEmissions
http://leftystrat.blogspot.com